Sunday, November 27, 2016

Digital Blog Post #L

Hello Last Blog Post!!

Well I feel as though I've come a long way with blogger. Having to utilize not only this website but others to incorporate my learning in technological ways has most definitely broaden my horizons. It is always nice to see that the things your professors have you do are for a reason and will help you in your future. There is no doubt in my mind that the resources I used throughout this course will be continued to be used throughout my career.

As for the last chapter in this book there were a couple things that I found interesting. The first thing I would like to talk about is the Technology integration Story. The story talks about two teachers, one from a low-income rural district and another from affluent suburban system. Each of these teachers show a commitment to integrating technology into their class rooms. And I thought that this story was a good example that no matter how much funding is provided. If the technology is there, teachers should take advantage of it no matter how it looks or where it came from.

The second thing I noticed in this chapter is a key concept that technology integration and education change doesn’t just happen. The two things most needed to make them successful is teacher's mindset and multiple pathways. Teachers must have the mindset that technology can help students achieve educational goals. And teachers must also see the multiple pathways of how to most successfully use technology even with limited resources.

Creative Commons Photo By: bjmcdonald
Lastly one of the most important things probably said in this class is that teachers do not have to be "trendy", they just have to be trend-conscious. I think that teachers who do not integrate technology are afraid of change. But is they just open up their minds to change they can see that technology has easier/ more efficient ways to do many things. 

And I also made a Gliffy Diagram to show the different sites that teachers can stay trend conscious.

References:
Gonzalez, Ivana. 2016. Gliffy Diagram.
Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment