Sunday, October 16, 2016

Digital Blog Post #G

Hello Everyone,

My last Post was almost a month ago and man do I miss y'all!!! Or at least blogging to anyone who is reading this… Hey Professor Coleman, thanks for being my number one fan!!!

So let's get started. To start off with such a powerful passage from the book I will say that Multicultural Education is something that I admire dearly in our country. We have come such a long way from our segregated ways and it’s a beautiful thing to witness. In my opinion, and I'm sure in others, with our multicultural education now we are able to produce the best of the best students all and all. Everyone has an equal chance at learning and succeeding. On top of educating by paper we are now able to extend our teaching by using technology. Students are able to comprehend diversity in the greatest of ways because technology allows them to get a better perspective.

My next point I want to hit is DI and UDI. These two ways of education in the book seem to be focusing on students with special education needs. But to me this is important through out every classroom. Every student has a certain way of learning and it is important for teachers to provide a curriculum that allows students to soak up as much information as they can. As said in the book creating unique learning experiences for individual students is not quick or easy to do during a fast moving and demanding school schedule. But If teachers set a aside time to implement at least one to two unique learning experiences they will in my opinion have more success within their students.


Putting my age out there… haha… In my early grade school days we were doing away with chalk boards and integrating whiteboards. Soon after this move someone came up with the smartest idea ever. Well at least to me it was at the time and still now. Interactive Whiteboards (Tech Tool 10.1) are very effective for students who respond well to visual, auditory, and hands-on learning activities. Being able to have worksheets, textbooks, and PowerPoints on a interactive white board gives students a more a hands on experience. This tool saves time for teachers when writing notes and also is very valuable to students who miss class and are able to download and print slides from the whiteboard. This bit of technology has been used since I was in first grade all the way up to my third year in college it is so versatile! Anyone can use it and learn....

Creative Commons License Photo By: Mrs ENill


Overall this chapter showed many ways that teachers are able to insert technology to help benefit the diverse society of education. My main goal as a teacher is to help each child the best that I can, and there is no doubt in my mind that today's technology will help me succeed that goal.


References:

Gonzalez, I. (2016, October 16). Ivana Gonzalez. Retrieved October 16, 2016, from https://worditout.com/word-cloud/1901672 

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.





No comments:

Post a Comment